Privacy and Data Breaches
When privacy and data breaches occur, whether caused by something as simple as an employee misplacing a laptop, a malicious act by a disgruntled employee or even a sophisticated external attack by third parties, a prompt and well-thought-out response is essential.
An appropriate response quickly identifies the nature and scope of the problem, facilitates restoration of normal system operation, provides appropriate disclosure, notification and evidence retention as required by law, and minimizes the potential for subsequent adverse action by regulators or litigation. This should all be done in a cost-effective manner and in a way that protects the client’s reputation.
KDV helps clients answer the question, what do we do when a privacy or data breach is suspected or known to have occurred? We provide legal services designed to assist clients in navigating the complex patchwork of federal, state and foreign law, including disclosure and notification requirements, while working closely with a client’s management team, the client’s in-house and outside cyber-security experts, law enforcement and government regulators.
When necessary, we are well equipped to defend litigation, including multi-district national consumer class action litigation. Where appropriate we also appreciate the need to work with crisis management consultants to accomplish accurate and timely public reporting to assure customers and investors.
|Attorney||San Francisco, California|
|Partner||New York, New York|
|Partner||Woodbury, New York|
|PartnerCo-Chair, Data Privacy & Technology Services Practice Group
Co-Chair, Insurance Coverage & Litigation Practice Group
|New York, New York|
- Cybersecurity & Privacy Predictions For 2018, Law360, ft. Tad Devlin & Marc Voses - Jan 2, 2018
- Shields up: Prepare your Cyberdefenses, PIA Magazine, by Marc S. Voses - Dec 18, 2017
- Trump’s Tweets Raise Doubts About Cybersecurity Approach, Law360, ft. Tad Devlin - Jul 14, 2017
- Understanding Cyberattack Liabilities, No Jitters, ft. Marc Voses - May 24, 2017
- For hospitals defending against cyberattacks, patch management remains a struggle, Fierce Healthcare, ft. Marc Voses - May 17, 2017
- Global Cyberattack Exposes Big Liabilities For Simple Fixes, Law360, ft. Marc Voses - May 15, 2017