Philip Voluck Presenting IQRM Webinar
IQRM – Intelligence Quotient for Risk Management™
IQRM Risk Issue of the Month webinar
Webinar Title: Employment Practices Liability
Presented to: Beyond Insurance Global Network
Presented by: Philip Voluck
Philip Voluck, Co-Managing Partner, Pennsylvania Offices and Co-Chair, Labor & Employment Law Practice Group, is presenting an hour long webinar to the members of the Beyond Insurance Global Network on February 22, 2018. The webinar, entitled Employment Practices Liability, focuses on measuring exposures and determining the general effectiveness of strategies to manage risk. Topics covered can include:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act: Prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin (“Title VII”).
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act: Establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, record keeping, and youth employment standards for businesses (“FLSA”).
- Family and Medical Leave Act: Entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons with continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if the employee had not taken leave (“FMLA”).
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- Wrongful Discharge: Allows an otherwise at-will employee to bring a cause of action against his former employer, alleging that his discharge was in violation of state or federal anti discrimination statutes, public policy, an implied contract, or an implied covenant of “good faith and fair dealing.”