Philip Voluck, Co-Presenter at ACI’s 25th National Forum on Employment Practices Liability Insurance
Philip Voluck, Managing Partner of KDV at its Pennsylvania office, will be a co-presenter at the American Conference Institute’s (ACI) 25th National Forum on Employment Practices Liability Insurance in New York City.
Session Title: The Latest on Pregnancy/Maternity Discrimination Claims and the Intersection with the ADA/FMLA
Date: Thursday, January 26th, 2016
Time: 3:20 PM
This presentation will cover the following topics:
- Examining the latest pregnancy discrimination issues and claims and their impact on coverage
- The intersection of Title VII; ADA & FMLA; state discrimination laws; disability laws; wage & hour laws relating to lactation time; and state and local laws for paid and unpaid sick leave
- ADA’s definition of pregnancy as a disability; when may pregnancy complications meet eligibility guidelines requiring employers to make accommodations?
- Diabetes and pregnancy complications
- New York pregnancy accommodations law as compared to other jurisdictions
- EEOC guidance
- Expanding state and local anti-discrimination and leave requirements
- Defending pregnancy discrimination claims following the Young v. UPS case as the legal landscape has shifted in favor of claimants
- Extending pregnancy benefits to fathers
For more information about the event and to register, click here.