KDV’s Ellen Storch Presenter at ISS World Expo
Inside Self-Storage World Expo
Wage and Hour Mistakes in Self-Storage: Minimizing Employer Liability
Thursday, April 5 from 10:00 to 10:50 AM
Labor laws concerning wages are changing rapidly. Not only are federal and state labor departments increasing investigative resources, private wage-and-hour lawsuits are on the rise and costly to defend. KDV partner in the Long Island office, Ellen Storch, will discuss areas of exposure facing self-storage owners. She’ll also offer suggestions on how to comply with wage requirements and minimize liability in the event of a lawsuit.
- Why you may need to increase salaries for exempt employees
- How to correctly classify employees as exempt (salaried) or nonexempt (overtime eligible)
- How to properly document payment obligations to resident managers
- Best practices for tracking employee time
- How to lawfully minimize overtime costs
Expo Dates and Location:
April 3-6, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Paris Hotel and Resort
Click here to register!
For more information on the Inside Self-Storage World Expo, click here.