Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck Continues to Expand in Westchester With the Addition of 11 White Plains-Based Babchik & Young Attorneys
KDV Strengthens Firm’s Hallmark Practices, Geographic Presence
(October 1, 2021, Westchester County, New York) — Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck LLP (KDV), today announced that it is expanding its presence in Westchester and strengthening its hallmark labor & employment and professional liability practices with the addition of 11 attorneys and four staff, including five partners, from White Plains-based Babchik & Young LLP. KDV has 12 offices nationwide, including six in the Northeast.
In addition to insurance, labor & employment and professional liability, many of Babchik & Young’s other core practice areas synchronize well with KDV’s existing practice groups, including general liability, construction law, and premises liability. KDV formally entered the Westchester County market in April of this year with the opening of a White Plains office to support the expanding needs of its existing clients, serve the robust business and insurance community in Westchester County and Connecticut, and to respond to the evolving office environment stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic. All attorneys in Westchester, including the eight attorneys and staff working from KDV’s original Westchester office, will reside in the Babchik & Young office space.
“This is transformative for KDV strategically and professionally,” said Ivan J. Dolowich, co-managing partner, KDV. “It solidifies our New York presence with expanded reach in Westchester and Rockland Counties and upstate New York, in addition to our offices in New York City and Long Island. It also enhances so many of our core practice areas with experienced, client-focused attorneys and opens up opportunities for attorney and client growth.”
John Mancebo, KDV labor & employment partner who has been working primarily from the Firm’s Westchester office, and Jack Babchik, partner and principal at Babchik & Young, will be co-managing partners of the Westchester office.
“Our clients will benefit from a national firm like KDV that has a stellar track record, an established depth of experience and multi-state resources,” said Babchik. “It is a win-win for both firms.”
“With the addition of nearly a dozen attorneys from a firm that has been serving this community for decades, we will be able to service the growing needs of local clients with the benefit of the broad resources available from a national law firm,” said Mancebo.
Babchik & Young partners include:
- Jack Babchik, who has more than 40 years of trial and appellate experience, focuses his practice on professional liability/errors and omissions, employment practices, labor law and general liability defense.
- Bruce Young, partner and principal at Babchik & Young, focuses his practice on the defense of construction industry contractors, subcontractors, vertical transportation equipment manufacturers and installers, and other construction-related industry entities.
- Jordan Sklar is a partner focusing his practice on professional liability and employment law defense on both the trial and appellate level.
- Matthew Rosen is a partner and litigates general and premises liability, vertical transportation and labor law matters.
- Siobhan Healy is a partner handling a broad range of cases in the areas of employment law and professional liability defense, including wage and hour litigation, protected-class discrimination, harassment, and retaliation cases arising under Federal, New York State and New York City human rights laws.
“While there is great synergy in many practice areas, our combined labor and employment practice depth and experience will prove invaluable to both of our client bases as they confront a variety of COVID and non-COVID related discrimination, retaliation and wage & hour issues,” said Michael A. Kaufman, KDV co-managing partner.
Of counsel attorney joining KDV:
- Karen Wagner, of counsel, litigates complex matters in state and federal courts including tort litigation defense, construction litigation, municipal law, general liability defense, land use and development, tax certiorari, medical malpractice defense, appeals, environmental litigation and compliance, premises liability and property rights.
Associate attorneys joining KDV include:
- Melissa Cartaya is an associate who works on a broad range of cases before both trial and appellate courts in the areas of professional liability, employment discrimination, construction litigation, general liability, premises liability and vertical transportation.
- Thomas Connolly is an associate concentrating his practice in construction/labor law litigation, premises liability, automobile defense, no-fault litigation, products liability and general liability defense.
- Matthew Mann is an associate and focuses his practice on premises liability and labor law litigation.
- Alexandra Robins is an associate who focuses her practice in the areas of employment discrimination, labor law and vertical transportation.
- Matthew Solomon, associate, handles professional malpractice, premises liability and vertical transportation cases.
The Firm is located at 245 Main Street, Suite 330, White Plains, New York 10601, (914) 470-0001
# # #