Kaufman Dolowich Achieves Goal of 2022 Mansfield 5.0 Certification
Woodbury, N.Y. (Nov. 2, 2022) – Kaufman Dolowich today announced the firm has achieved Mansfield 5.0 Certification for 2022, a goal the firm committed to reaching last year, as one of 160 firms that participated in the 5.0 certification process. This is the fourth consecutive year the firm has reached a Mansfield benchmark, a testament to the firm’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
“Kaufman Dolowich remains an enthusiastic supporter and participant in the Mansfield certification process, which aims to enhance the representation of historically underrepresented lawyers in law firm leadership and throughout the firm,” said Katherine Catlos, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer. “We continue to set new benchmarks in our Mansfield standing that are aligned with our firm’s culture – supporting and celebrating diversity in all aspects of our firm’s operations.”
In order to achieve Mansfield 5.0 certification, law firms must:
- Track their candidate pools in a disaggregated manner, prompting them to measure the impact of the Mansfield Rule by each underrepresented group. Firms must also include an option for Middle Eastern/North African identity, a demographic often overlooked by current self-identification options;
- Consider at least 30% underrepresented lawyers for nominations to Chambers USA to increase the external visibility of underrepresented lawyers with clients and in the marketplace more broadly; and
- Consider 30% underrepresented individuals when hiring and promoting C-level or other senior-level professional staff roles.
Kaufman Dolowich attorneys of diverse backgrounds elevated during the Mansfield 5.0 certification process:
Office Managing Partners:
- Abbye Alexander became a co-managing partner of the firm’s Orlando, Fla. office
- Reshma Khanna joined Kaufman Dolowich as managing partner of the firm’s Westport, Conn. office and was named a co-chair of the firm’s Labor and Employment practice group
- Angella Myers joined Kaufman Dolowich as managing partner of the firm’s Dallas and New Orleans, La. Office and was named a co-chair of the firm’s Labor and Employment practice group
Practice Group Leadership:
- Mary Jo Barry became chair of the firm’s Directors and Officers Liability practice group
Elevated to Partnership:
Elevated to Of Counsel:
“Our firm remains committed to ensuring our actions match our mission to keep diversity and inclusion a firm priority,” said Kaufman Dolowich firmwide Co-Managing Partner Michael Kaufman. “We appreciate Mansfield holding us and other industry peers accountable to such an important mission, and we will continue to set higher goals in this area, as there is always room for improvement.”
About Kaufman Dolowich
Kaufman Dolowich is a leading national law firm serving a broad range of industries in more than 20 law practice areas including labor and employment, professional liability, real estate, commercial litigation, insurance coverage and litigation, data privacy & cybersecurity, financial services, cannabis law, consumer financial services, construction and general liability law. Headquartered in Woodbury, N.Y., and with 17 offices nationwide, Kaufman Dolowich attorneys represent local, national and global clients. Kaufman Dolowich is a Mansfield Certified law firm recognized for its diverse and inclusive employment strategies. For more information, visit www.kdvlaw.com or follow KDV on LinkedIn.