KDV’s Women Initiative & Chubb Host Film Screening: Balancing the Scales
On November 6, 2017 KDV’s Women Initiative & Chubb will be hosting a screening of the documentary film “Balancing the Scales,” about gender equity in America. Balancing the Scales delves into the challenges women lawyers have faced historically and still face today. Lawyer and filmmaker Sharon Rowen focuses on inspiring stories by women lawyers of all ages who work to help women and girls worldwide.
KDV is committed to empowering women associates and partners to succeed by creating a supportive environment, as well as providing opportunities for their development, advancement and leadership within the firm. The Women’s Initiative brings together women attorneys throughout the firm to exchange ideas, develop and expand business contacts, and enhance overall attorney development. KDV’s attorneys and staff are committed to giving back to the local communities in which they work and live.
Our Women’s Initiative program is designed to:
- Recruit, retain and promote accomplished women attorneys;
- Mentor and foster relationships among our women attorneys;
- Advance the client development efforts of women attorneys;
- Help our women attorneys balance career aspirations and family obligations with flexible, supportive part-time maternity leave and child care policies; and
- Encourage women attorneys to participate in community service projects.