KDV’s involvement in the community is strongly represented by upper management, attorneys and staff in our offices nationwide who are committed to giving back to the local communities in which they work and live. They commit countless hours to volunteer work that stem from each of their varied passions and talent. Here are some examples below:
- Michael Kaufman, co-managing partner of KDV, devotes many days during the year fundraising for the Children’s Medical Fund of New York — an initiative dedicated to providing ongoing funding for programs that are vital to the needs of seriously ill children and their families.
- Ivan Dolowich, co-manager partner of KDV, was a Board Member on the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS) Foundation (2011-2018). As a member firm, KDV continues to support its national causes and gives back through charitable work and the advancement of diversity and education.
- Philip Voluck, managing partner of KDV’s Blue Bell, Pennsylvania office, has a strong passion and involvement in numerous initiatives in his region. He is a dedicated fundraiser for the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and does pro bono representation for indigent musicians for the Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts.
- KDV is a proud supporter of the Holocaust Memorial & Tolerance Center of Nassau County, New York. Keith Gutstein, co-managing partner of KDV’s Long Island Office and co-chair of KDV’s Labor & Employment Law practice group, has been an active member of this community for many years. Mr. Gutstein serves as a Board Member and is a member of its Executive Committee.
- As a firm, KDV has participated in the annual Operation Santa program conducted by the United States Postal Service. Every year, the postal service receives letters from children from mostly low-income houses that cannot afford Christmas presents. KDV attorneys and staff ‘adopt’ letters written to Santa from select post offices around the country and honor their requests so that the children truly feel the Christmas spirit.
- From 2006 to 2020, KDV has participated in New York’s “Adopt A Highway” program to tight litter and keep New York’s expressway beautiful.
We invite you to learn more about our community service by referring to our attorney profiles.