Human Resource Law From Start to Finish presented by National Business Institute
A Comprehensive Primer on Labor and Employment Law
As employment-related litigation rates continue to rise, employers must look for ways to proactively protect themselves in a legal manner. Human resource compliance can be one of the most costly and time-consuming aspects for a business; can you streamline the process and ensure your clients are not facing unnecessary risks? This program will get you up to speed so you can return to work confident in your abilities. Know the fundamentals of human resources: from hiring to firing and everything in-between. Register today!
- Understand the importance of thorough and accurate paperwork when hiring new employees.
- Know what a handbook should and should not contain by exploring the advantages and pitfalls of various policies.
- Review alternative dispute resolution tactics that are effective and advantageous for employment-related matters.
- Appropriately apply wage and hour exemption requirements in gray areas such as outside salespeople and highly-paid computer professionals.
- Review the latest changes to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state WARN Act requirements when performing layoffs.
- Understand unemployment compensation guidelines and how to manage costs.
- Remain up to date on the latest developments regarding employee behavior and controversial social media policies.
- Learn the key steps to investigating employee misconduct thoroughly and legally.
- Identify techniques for controlling back pay during a National Labor Relations Board investigation.
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar examines the current issues in human resource law for:
- HR Directors
- Risk Management Directors